A series of still life Monoprints were created using acrylic paint and medium to create ink. This process slowed down the time available for painting the image directly onto the glass and eventually I started working with block printing colour which seemed to give more handling time. As I worked through the printing process it became clear that I Was not applying the paint thickly enough to define the image and the background. Subsequent prints were created using more ink, leading to a better result.
First attempt at painting directly onto the glass plate using acrylic with added printing medium . A bit chaotic adding in the medium to the inks without everything drying out. Needed to add more paint and a bit of water to the mix. Liked the strong colours obtained in the first print but the shadows looked strange. Think more planning is needed to make the image more credible but like the nice loose feel of the print and the colours.
Set up a second plate and added a flower to the still life for this print and more colours. Applied the background colour with a flat palette knife and blended with a brush to shorten the time to apply the paint. This worked well and I managed to take a ghost print from the same plate