A series of still life Monoprints were created using acrylic paint and medium to create ink. This process slowed down the time available for painting the image directly onto the glass and eventually I started working with block printing colour which seemed to give more handling time. As I worked through the printing process it became clear that I Was not applying the paint thickly enough to define the image and the background. Subsequent prints were created using more ink, leading to a better result.
For this series I used combinations of Crimson and blue and blue and yellow. These were allowed to mix on the paper to create violet and greens respectively.
This is my first effort at Monoprints using paintbrushes and limited to 3 colours.
The first print on newsprint was too faint as not enough ink had been used. Better results using more printing inks. I was able to take a ghost print using this approach. There was good reproduction but I forgot to add inks to the edges. For the 3rd print, I added ink again over the ghost print. The edges ŵere well defined but the centre was too pale.